- If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
- Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
- Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.
- Business is never so healthy as when, like a chicken, it must do a certain amount of scratching around for what it gets.
- I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done.
- Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.
- A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.
- It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.
- You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
- The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time.
- There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.
- Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
- As we advance in life we learn the limits of our abilities.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
- A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one.
- The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Monday, November 26, 2012
Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 – April 21, 1910), better known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist. He is most noted for his novel The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885), the latter often called "the Great American Novel."
Here are few best quotes by Mark Twain:
- A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
- Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
- I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position.
- I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
- Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.
- To be good is noble; but to show others how to be good is nobler and no trouble.
- Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
- Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
- Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
- A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
- The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
You can buy his book "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" from below links:
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Socrates was a classical Greek Athenian philosopher. Credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy, he is an enigmatic figure known chiefly through the accounts of later classical writers, especially the writings of his students Plato and Xenophon, and the plays of his contemporary Aristophanes. Many would claim that Plato's dialogues are the most comprehensive accounts of Socrates to survive from antiquity.
- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
- The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.
- By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
- An honest man is always a child.
- I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
- From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.
- The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
- Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior.
- Remember that there is nothing stable in human affairs; therefore avoid undue elation in prosperity, or undue depression in adversity.
- Bad men live that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink that they may live.
Friday, November 23, 2012
Plato was a Greek philosopher, writer, and a mathematician. He lived from 428/427 BC– 348/347 BC. He was a student of Socrates. During his life he created such things as the Academy in Athens, the first institution for higher learning. Plato was a sophisticated writer and published many topics, such as philosophy and mathematics.
Here are some of his famous quotes:
- One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.
- I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was capable of reasoning.
- There is no harm in repeating a good thing.
- Love is a serious mental disease.
- Courage is knowing what not to fear.
- There must always remain something that is antagonistic to good.
- You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
- Necessity... the mother of invention.
- We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
- He was a wise man who invented beer.
- Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
- For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories.
- And what, Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul.
- The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future in life.
- At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC) was a Greek philosopher and polymath, a student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great. His writings cover many subjects, including physics, metaphysics, poetry, theater, music, logic, rhetoric, linguistics, politics, government, ethics, biology, and zoology. Together with Plato and Socrates (Plato's teacher), Aristotle is one of the most important founding figures in Western philosophy. Aristotle's writings were the first to create a comprehensive system of Western philosophy, encompassing morality, aesthetics, logic, science, politics, and metaphysics.
Here is a list of the best quotes by Aristotle. Feel free to add your favorite quotes in comments.
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
- Hope is a waking dream
- Should we not say that he is happy whose acts are virtuous and has adequate external goods for his lifetime?
- In speaking about a man's character we do not say that he is wise or has understanding, but that he is good tempered; we praise the wise man for his state of mind.
- For men are good in but one way, but bad in many. Anon.
- The only stable state is the one in which all men are equal before the law.
- You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
- The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
- The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
- All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.
- The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain.
- Different men seek after happiness in different ways and by different means, and so make for themselves different modes of life and forms of government.
- The ideal man bears the accidents of life with dignity and grace, making the best of circumstances.
- I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- I don't think much of a man who is not wiser than he was yesterday.
- Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.
- No man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
- You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
- Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
- When you have got an elephant by the hind leg, and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run.
- You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
- A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
- A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
- In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Monday, November 19, 2012
On the occasion of International Men's Day, let me share with you some serious and fun quotes about men.
- Men who don’t understand women fall into two groups: Bachelors and Husbands. ~ Daniel Tosh
- When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. - Elayne Boosler
- I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back. - Zsa Zsa Gabor
- Behind every successful man there is a surprised woman. - Maryon Pearson
- Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. And they are both disappointed.
- How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being? - Oscar Wilde
- Men are all alike -- except the one you've met who's different. - Mae West
- Men are easy to get but hard to keep.- Mae West
- There are three types of men in the world.
Men that are dominated by women and know it.
Men that are dominated by women and don’t know it.
- It doesn’t matter how often a married man changes his job, he still ends with the same boss.
- Why do men chase women they have no intention of marrying? For the same reason dogs chase cars they have no intention of driving.
- Depending on the way you treat her, she can be your angel sent from heaven or she can make your life a living hell.
- Men are happy creatures until marriage.
- After all happiness is not the only thing in life. Every man should marry.
Sunday, November 18, 2012
Here are some inspirational quotes of Lao-Tzu which inspires you to core:
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- He who knows others is wise; He who know himself is enlightened.
- The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world.Through this I know the advantage of taking no action.
- People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.
- The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete.
- To have little is to possess. To have plenty is to be perplexed.
- To know that you do not know is the best. To pretend to know when you do not know is a disease.
- When armies are mobilized and issues are joined, The man who is sorry over the fact will win.
- The more laws and order are made prominent, The more thieves and robbers there will be.
- If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Here is a compilation of some of the famous quotes by Swami Vivekananda!
- Strength is life but weakness is death.
- Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced.
- Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin ? to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
- Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
- We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act.
- The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.
- YOU know, I may have to be born again, you see, I have fallen in love with mankind.
- BY the study of different RELIGIONS we find that in essence they are one.
- Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
- When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.
- Do not stand on a high pedestal and take 5 cents in your hand and say, “here, my poor man”, but be grateful that the poor man is there, so by making a gift to him you are able to help yourself.It is not the reciever that is blessed, but it is the giver.Be thankful that you are allowed to exercise your power of benevolence and mercy in the world, and thus become pure and perfect.
- If money help a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.
- Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
- It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thought make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light. First, believe in this world, that
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Thanksgiving Day is a holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada. Thanksgiving is celebrated each year on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Because of the longstanding traditions of the holiday, the celebration often extends to the weekend that falls closest to the day it is celebrated. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations. Historically, Thanksgiving had roots in religious and cultural tradition.( From Wiki). Thanksgiving Day is on Thursday, November 22, 2012.
If you are interested to know more about history of Thanksgiving day, check out this page from History.com
Here is a compilation of some of the best and the most famous quotes related to Thanksgiving day:
- "An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day." ~Irv Kupcinet
- "Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow." ~Edward Sandford Martin
- "Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action." ~W.J. Cameron
- "Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life... a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year - and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God." ~Ray Stannard Baker
- "On Thanksgiving Day, all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment - halftime." ~Unknown
- "On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence." ~William Jennings Bryan
- "Coexistence: what the farmer does with the turkey - until Thanksgiving." ~Mike Connolly
- Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude." ~E.P. Powell
- "Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." ~W.T. Purkiser
- "Thanksgiving is possible only for those who take time to remember; no one can give thanks who has a short memory." ~ Unknown
- "Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants." ~Kevin James
- "Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast." ~William Shakespeare
- "Thanksgiving is so called because we are all so thankful that it only comes once a year." ~P. J. O'Rourke
- "If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily." ~Gerald Good
- "Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day." ~Robert Caspar Lintner
Happy Thanksgiving Day!!
Friday, November 2, 2012
Everyone loves Friday. So lets welcome this weekend with some cool funny one liners.
- We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
- War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
- Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.
- A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station..
- Arguing with my wife is like getting arrested. Anything you can can and will be used against you.
- A bunch of my friends are coming over tonight to play on their phones.
- I see these moms who can do everything and I think.. I should have them do some stuff for me.
- Intelligence is like underwear. It's important that you have it but there's no need to show it off.
- Porn movies are actually very positive movies, no bombing, no murders, all love and with *Happy Endings*
- The biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it.
- The word "fuck" goes with anything.