Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Famous Quotes by Abraham Lincoln






  • I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
  • Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
  • Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
  • I don't think much of a man who is not wiser than he was yesterday.
  • Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  • No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.
  • No man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent.
  • Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
  • You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
  • Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
  • When you have got an elephant by the hind leg, and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run.
  • You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
  • A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
  • A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
  • In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

No comments: